- 75g pasteurised goats cheese, or other hard cheese, sliced or crumbled.
- 2 heads of Chicory, root trimmed, leaves separated, washed and dried in salad spinner
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced using a knife, vegetable peeler or mandolin
- 1 large bag of mixed leaves,, washed and dried in salad spinner
- 1 large orange (Use blood oranges if available)
- Handful of toasted chopped walnuts
- Zest orange and set aside the zest for salad dressing. Use a sharp knife to remove the top and bottom of the orange. Set the orange flat on one end, carefully cut the skin from the flesh, making sure you remove all the bitter pith. Begin at the top and follow the curve down.
- Then, using a knife remove the orange segments, inserting the blade between the flesh and the membrane on both sides. Squeeze out any juice from the membrane and set aside.
- Combine remaining juice and zest in a bowl, add ¼-½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard and then combine with olive oil to emulsify. Use 2-3 times more olive oil than juice. Whisk together, season and taste and adjust as needed
- Add the chicory, fennel and leaves to a bowl, salad leaves, with the orange segments and walnuts. Dress salad leaves in mixing bowl, reserving a tbsp of dressing, then divide between 2 plates. Top with goats cheese. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the cheese and serve.
Source of Fibre
Source of protein
Source of Folic Acid
Source of Vitamin C