The prunes can be stored in the fridge and used for over the course of a few days.
Serves 1, Vegetarian, (Vegan), Gluten free
- 1 tsp of mild honey (optional)
- 500ml of earl grey tea- 4 teaspoons of Earl Grey tea leaves /or 4 Tea bags
- 150g dried Prunes
- 50g of rolled oats, use gluten free oats if needed
- 125 ml of milk of preference, plus more as required to thin, (non dairy milks work well)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground all spice
- A handful Toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- Combine the honey with water in a small saucepan (with a lid). Stir to combine and heat gently. When honey is incorporated, add tea, cover and bring to a simmer.
- Add prunes and allow to simmer for a further 20 minutes (if prunes are dry or large they may require longer).
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
- In a separate pan, combine the oats, milk and all spice, mix well and place over a medium heat. Stir regularly, cook the oats until they are a creamy consistency.
- Remove from the heat. Add additional milk as needed to thin.
- Serve with a few prunes, toasted walnuts and a drizzle of honey (optional)
Low saturated fat
Low in sugar
Source of fibre
Source of thiamin
High in Manganese